danixland-wporg.stats is a plugin that adds a new widget to be used on the Sidebar (or wherever you like) and some useful shortcodes.
This widget will show a list of plugins by the same author, hosted on the WordPress Plugins directory. It uses the wordpress.org API to fetch all the details and it’s able to show links to the plugin page on wordpress.org or to the URI specified by the author inside the plugin itself. Other stats displayed by the plugin are the total number of downloads for all the plugins, average rating per plugin and total average. Soon the plugin will be able to display even more stats.
If an author has used the assets directory to store the plugin’s icons, danixland-wporg-stats is able to fetch and display the icons as well.
The plugin ships with a few shortcodes to embed your stats inside your posts or pages. You can use it on a landing page for your plugins or, like I do, inside a custom post type page to display stats about the plugins I write.
- .POT file to allow translators to translate the plugin.
- theme directory support.
- custom tags inside the description.
- average downloads and more stats coming soon…
- I’m open to suggestions, so don’t be shy.
Installing danixland-wporg.stats is straightforward and requires just a few seconds:
If you use the “Add New Plugin” pane from your dashboard just install it and activate it, then proceed to the last step and configure it.
Otherwise follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- If using the “Install Plugins->Upload” section on the WordPress admin area just upload the zip file, otherwise unpack the zip file and upload the “danixland-wporg-stats” directory inside the “wp-content/plugins” directory of your WordPress installation using your favourite ftp client.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add the widget to your sidebar from Appearance->Widgets.
- Configure the widget options through the panel which can be accessed from the Appearance->Widgets page.
- What can I do to customize even more the appearance of the widget?
The code generated by the plugin is wrapped in an HTML element with class
widget_danixland-wporg-stats, what kind of element is decided by your theme, if unsure ask his creator. Inside this element you’ll find the content of the widget wrapped inside a div with class
Contained in that element you’ll find a div with the description and following there’s a list of links for the plugins.
Here’s every single id and class used in this plugin:
This plugin ships with no styling on pourpose, it’s up to you to add the styling needed for it to look at it’s best on your pages.
- I’m stuck with your plugin and don’t seem to be able to customize it/make it work, can you help me?
- I’d like this plugin to be translated in my language, can you do this for me?
Soon I’ll publish a .POT file that can be used to create a translation of the plugin in your language, so if you’re familiar with english you can help by providing a translation and it will be added to future versions of the plugin along with a link to your site on these pages 😉
- If you have any other questions feel free to ask
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“danixland-wporg-stats” adalah perisian sumber terbuka. Orang-orang berikut telah menyumbang kepada pemalam ini.Penyumbang
Berminat dalam pembangunan?
- This is the first version of the plugin.