Note: You must first have CrowdSec installed on your server. The installation is very simple.
CrowdSec is composed of a behavior detection engine, able to block classical attacks like credential bruteforce, port scans, web scans, etc.
Based on the type and number of blocked attacks, and after curation of those signals to avoid false positives and poisoning, a global IP reputation DB is maintained and shared with all network members.
This WordPress plugin is a “bouncer”, which purpose is to block detected attacks with two remediation systems: ban or challenge detected attackers with a Captcha.
- Block aggressive IPs
- Display a captcha for less aggressive IPs
Get more info on the CrowdSec official website.
What do I need to make CrowdSec work?
- You have to install a CrowdSec instance on this server.
- You have to generate a bouncer key on the server on which CrowdSec is running.
Contributors & Developers
“CrowdSec” adalah perisian sumber terbuka. Orang-orang berikut telah menyumbang kepada pemalam ini.Penyumbang
- Add WordPress multisite compatibility
- Use absolute path for TLS files
- Use absolute path for geolocation files
- Add an action after plugin upgrade to recreate standalone settings file
- Add access restriction for some folders
- Do not use cache tags
- Do not rotate log files
- Add custom User-Agent debug setting
- All source code has been refactored using new CrowdSec PHP librairies
- Add LAPI request timeout setting
- Modify ban and captcha walls templating for W3C validity
- Add TLS authentication option
use_curlconfiguration: should be used if
allow_url_fopenis disabled and
- Change log path to
- By default, the
bouncing_levelsetting is now
- Add geolocation feature
- Add “Test bouncing” action in settings view
- Use cache instead of session to store some values
- Do not bounce PHP CLI
- Use static settings only in standalone mode
- Fix issue that cause warning message error on front in standalone mode
- Fix behavior : bounce should not be done twice in standalone mode
- Remove useless configuration to enable standalone mode
0.14.0version of crowdsec php lib
- Handle typo fixing for retro compatibility (
- Split of debug in 2 configurations : debug and display_errors
- Add Standalone mode: an option allowing the PHP engine to no longer have to load the WordPress core during the
bouncing stage. To be able to apply this mode, the webmaster has to set the auto_prepend_file PHP flag to the
script we provide.
- Add debug mode: user can enable the debug mode directly from the CrowdSec advanced settings panel. A more verbose log
will be written when this flag is enabled.
- Add WordPress 5.7 support
- Add PHP 8.0 support